Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

QuiltCon block challenge


If you've been reading this blog over the past few weeks, you may have realized how excited I am about a little event called QuiltCon that's happening in February. I've been anticipating this event since it was announced six months ago and one way I could keep busy while counting down the days til I head to Austin was by making a QuiltCon challenge block.


Here's the Mondrian-inspired block I made for the VMQG's second anniversary. We asked members to create a modern block in the colours of the VMQG logo. I first made a block like this in the red and aqua bee and I thought it epitomized modern quilting.

 I expanded on my VMQG block to create this QuiltCon challenge block in the colours of the QuiltCon logo. It measures 12 1/2 by 18 1/2 inches.

Back in July, I sent in my block, and it is featured on the Modern Quilt Guild's blog today (along with the block by the talented JoAnn Lee, also of the VMQG!). Twenty of the nearly 300 blocks submitted will be chosen for a special raffle quilt and the others will be made into charity quilts for the Austin Children's Shelter.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, yippee! I'm off to see your and Jo's block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block is great! I've been bookmarking all of the quiltcon blog posts showing all of these awesome blocks - so many inspiring ideas there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool that your block was featured! Love how those colours just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! How exciting!!! Your block is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite Quiltcon blocks. Hope to see you in the near future.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails