Start date: November 30, 2008
End date: August 28, 2011
It's the start of a new year and I'm joining the bandwagon by posting my 101 Things list. See Day Zero for more info about what it is and how to make your own. I'm pre-dating my list to November 30th, 2008 since I've been writing my goals for over a month and I ended up accomplishing five of them before posting the full list.
2. Make at least 10 fabric gift bags (some holiday, some general).
3. Make fabric covered thumbtacks and at least 20 fabric covered button magnets using the idea from Jessica Jones' How About Orange blog.
5. Make a new ironing board cover ala Marmadaisy.
6. Design my own fabric and get it printed up at spoonflower.com
8. Enter a quilt in a quilt show.
10. Attend a knitting night at Urban Yarns.
12. Make stockings for Holly, Dean and Sophie to keep in our home.
14. Make a tree skirt for our Christmas tree.
15. Clear out my fabric stash by making a scrappy quilt for use as a picnic blanket.
19. Get a repairman to fix the dishwasher door that I broke when I fell on it.
26. Take a day trip to Bowen Island.
27. Visit the Brackendale eagles at their peak. Eagle viewing is at its peak from mid-December to mid-January but significant numbers of eagles may be present from mid-November to mid-February.
28. Take Sophie to Long Beach.
29. Hike The Chief.
30. Visit Leavenworth, Washington in December (see a concert or A Christmas Carol).
33. Make cut out sugar cookies with flood fill icing.
34. Use dried chickpeas in a recipe instead of the ones that come in a can.
35. Take a cooking course with Dean.
36. Try 10 new vegetarian dinner recipes. (#1: Cajun rice & beans, Feb. 14/09, #2: Vegetable Biryani, Jan. 19/10)
37. Make tomato soup using canned tomatoes and a blender.
39. Make one kind of preserves (possibly pickles or antipasto).
41. Revive the worm compost.
42. Grow a garden on our balcony for at least one summer. Include at least one edible plant.
43. Find and buy a red winter coat that makes me smile (and possibly twirl).
44. Get a new wallet.
46. Get a filter to protect the lens on our camera.
47. Go ziplining in Sooke.
48. Go to Diwali celebrations.
49. Go to the letter writing club at the Regional Assembly of Text.
50. Eat at five new restaurants (including dinner once all by myself).
52. Go to the Christmas event at Burnaby Village Museum.
54. Go snowshoeing.
55. Go 10 pin bowling.
58. Write a letter of appreciation to the librarians at the public library.
59. Update the music on my iPod.
60. Put some video and images on my iPod.
61. Download a podcast onto my iPod and listen to it while going for a run.
62. Get a TV connector cable for our videocamera.
64. Participate in the 365 Photos in 365 Days challenge starting Jan 1st, 2009.
65. Get a photobook of Sophie's first year printed up.
66. Get a photobook of Sophie's second year printed up.
67. Make DVDs of the home videos we have made since we got our new videocamera.
71. Write up a list of weekly routines (Sophie's classes, visits to playgroup, groceries, meal planning, cleaning, etc).
72. Keep the house 15 minutes of cleaning from ready for visitors for a month.
74. Make a list of contributions to Sophie's education fund.
75. Print up wallet-size recent photos of Sophie and distribute to grandparents.
77. Take the 50% challenge for one month.
78. Write in my journal at least once a month.
79. Take either a web design or graphic design course.
81. Read five non-fiction books suggested by friends or family members.
82. Write an article for the TTOC column in the VESTA News (likely topic: handy things for teachers to file in the TTOC folder).
83. Make Sophie some homemade Playdoh (use recipe from Green and Crunchy), find used Playdoh toys.
88. Write a letter to Melissa at Vassar (optional: send a DVD along with the letter).
89. Send Grandpa a DVD (of our choir's Christmas 2008 concert if I can get a copy).
92. Use up fitness class credits at Bare Fit and Pregnant. (about 10 left as of Feb. 9/09)
95. Decide how to donate my climate action dividend cheque.
97. Volunteer to make quilts on Salt Spring with the Island Comfort Quilt Bee (usually in mid-late March).
98. On the 1001st day, donate $5 to charity for every goal not met.
99. Host a Groundhog Day party including a viewing of the movie "Groundhog Day".
100. Go to a chick flick at the movie theatre with a group of girls (at least four others).
101. Have a sisters' day with Kristi.