Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What I learned in May 2010

Running a 10K is more fun with friends.

It makes sense to outsource certain life lessons. Dean is much better suited to teaching Sophie how to throw a rock than I am.

Janet makes delicious chocolate cakes. And macaroons. And Thai curries. And French toast. Boy, was I spoiled on my birthday weekend!

It was super fun to get forty comments on one of my blog posts. Thanks to all who visited my blog during Blogger's Quilt Festival!

I'm going to be spending a lot of time (and all of my fabric budget) at Spool of Thread Sewing Lounge. Their grand opening is June 5th, a date I've been anticipating since January!

Don't leave a preschooler unattended with a bottle of paint.

6 comments:

  1. I love these 'what I learned posts'! You should do one every month! Well, if you learn enough stuff that is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for spool of thread (and yay for plastic tablecloths)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the not leaving preschoolers unattended with paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have learned the paint one the hard way, myself. In fact, once I found a massive pile of paint on the floor, and only upon cleaning it did I discover that there was a sheet of paper underneath, so grand was the disaster.

    Also? I can't wait to visit Spool of Thread myself. It sounds SO COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The look on Miss S's face, post-paint spill, is priceless. Little imp.

    Great post, Hol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rock throwing picture is amazing. As I father I can say that there are far too few such moments, and you captured a great one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails