Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Snail and the Whale


Our house is full of books, especially kids' books, and a great one that we were introduced to by the lovely Mia is "The Snail and the Whale" by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler. It's a lovely story of an adventurous snail who hitches a lift on the tail of a humpback whale in order to see the world.


When I bought Sophie some whale pajamas from the consignment store, she requested that I add a snail on the tail of the whale. This week, I finally pulled out my needle and thread and granted her wish.


We were both pleased with the results!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I love it!! Sophie looks so happy with her snail on the whale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the best, most craftiest mom ever, Hol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love this - what a beautiful way to bring a book to life! Have you sent this link to Julia and Axel - they would love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails