Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Rainbow Girl in Blogger's Quilt Festival


Welcome to my blog! If you're visiting through Blogger's Quilt Festival, thanks for stopping by! I really did mean to post this quilt as soon as the ROGBIV Quilts category linky opened up last week, but I got caught up in making a Totoro Halloween costume for my daughter so I'm posting on the last possible day, of course! If you know me, you won't be surprised!

I finished "Rainbow Girl", a colour wheel quilt from Joelle Hoverson's pattern in "Last-Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts", back in September so that it could be in the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild's special exhibit at the Northwest Quilting Expo. I wrote a lengthy recap post about this quilt at that point, so I'll keep this fairly short.

Label of "Rainbow Girl"

I named this quilt "Rainbow Girl" because that was the nickname my Grade One teacher gave me after I painted rainbow after rainbow in her classroom. I'm happy to say I still keep in touch with Mrs. Smith and have printed out a photo of this quilt to send her in the mail (yes, the old-fashioned kind with a stamp and everything!).

I took my quilt to Vancouver's beautiful Stanley Park for an outdoor photo shoot.

As soon as I heard that they'd painted rainbow crosswalks in Davie Village, I knew I had to take my quilt there for a picture!

Enjoy the festival and have fun visiting this online quilt show! You can vote for your favourite quilts in fifteen different categories including my category, ROYGBIV quilts.

AmysCreativeSide

7 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you Holly! Love your rainbow quilt. Great setting for those pretty pics! Congrats on a gorgeous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfect quilt for the festival, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love all these colours, great choice :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A) I love that quilt pattern. B) You choose beautiful fabrics. C) You did a beautiful job. And D) you could not have chosen a cooler crosswalk to take photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I LOVE this quilt! The rainbow is perfect and how can the colors not make you smile?! That label is so great too. I love a bit of embroidery to personalize a quilt.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails