Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sophie's owl pillowcase



I used the "Pretty Quick Pillowcase Tutorial" by Ashley at Film in the Fridge to make my first ever pillowcase. Sophie loves it and has so much fun picking out her favourite owls! I`m now hooked on pillowcases and am in the middle of making a lemon yellow and aqua pair for Janet.



This was my first time using French seams, so I just had to share how beautiful they are. Encasing the raw edges truly creates a professional looking seam!

I bought the fabric from a Canadian online shop called Pink Panda Fabrics where shipping in Canada is always free! Cheryl, who runs Pink Panda Fabrics, kindly featured my pillowcase on her blog.

3 comments:

  1. Great pillowcase...I made one for each of my kids from the same pattern. Unfortunately, your daughter has much better taste in fabric than my daughter does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serious skillz, my dear! Soph's one lucky kid. V. happy about the upcoming pillowcase! I'm one lucky Janet.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails