Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Patchwork tea towel

My youngest daughter's music classes just wrapped up for the year and I made a patchwork-embellished tea towel as a teacher gift for her wonderful music teacher.


Eleanor's teacher is always cheerful and smiling, so I did a fabric pull with those qualities in mind.

It really doesn't take many scraps at all to turn a plain white towel into a bright and cute towel! I looked at tutorials by Jeni of In Color Order and Sew 4 Home to get an idea of how to embellish the tea towel.

I've been meaning to make one of these for a very long time and it was fun and easy, I look forward to making more! 

I wrapped the towel around a bottle of hand soap (thank you, Pinterest, for that idea!) and the gift was ready! The good news is, the teacher loved it!

3 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful gift! Trust a teacher to come up with awesome teacher gifts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a gift that is both thoughtful and useful - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails